I have been working on trying to get more advertising for all of my blogs. I have been doing very well with my shopping blog and okay with my home decor blog. This one I don’t worry much about as it’s for me really. I still do want to try to do something. I have tried artical marketing with some success, but I also am thinking about doing some advertising for my blogs on Google, yes I know I’m not a huge fan, but it seems that everyone else I know is obsessed with Google, so I will use them to advertise.
I have used Google in the past without much luck, but this time I plan on doing a lot of research so that i get the best value for my money. It’s been a long time since I advertised and I have learned a lot over the last few years. What I am hopeing is that some of what I have learned will help me to get traffic and readers to my blog. That of course is the most important thing.
One big thing I have learned is that I need to update much more then I have been. The first year I started blogging I updated at least two times a day. I had some traffic, but I didn’t have the money to cash in on my daily updates. Now I still don’t have the money, but I now know a few people willing to help me out a little, it’s not much, but it will help. I’m also going to try to keep updating daily on all 3 of my blogs. This is apparently the trick to Google. Update and make sure the content is worth reading.
Share and Enjoy
Since I am not takeing classes this summer I have time to work on some things that have been put off for far too long. I have decided to make a list of things I would like to accomplish with this blog and others. If your nice and want to help me I would love the help.
1. Write more – Recently I have been putting off writing post for all of my blogs, now that I’m not doing school work I have time to put better post together.
2. Up my Technorati rating- Something I have been meaning to do for a while, just because. If your on Technorati favorite this blog and I’ll do the same for you.
3. Redesign my design blog- I want to actually try to make a new theme for my blog myself. It shouldn’t be too hard as I really just need to find a theme that fits what I’m looking for but one where I can add in my own images.
4. Commenting more- okay this really does not have a lot to do with my own blogs, but at the same time comments can bring traffic and I need more of that.
5. Do more giveaways- I love the idea of doing them, I just have yet to do many. I want to do more.
6. Build up my twitter following- I want more friends, thats all!
Share and Enjoy
You always hear about the great things that come a long with social networking. Well I’m not totally new at it, but I’m not an expert either. Here are some of the things I have learned over the last few months about social networking. Why am I sharing this with you? Well I have decided that I need to make some changes to my life and this blog. One of them being the lack of traffic this blog now receives. I will be posting more things like this as I make my way though the world of social networking.
1 Just because you post it and add it to Digg, Twitter and Yahoo buzz does not mean that people will read it. Go onto forums and as people to review your article or at least check it out. Forums are still a great way to network.
2. Talk to people. When I first started social networking I talked to a lot of people, then school got in my way and I stopped. Guess what I lost my traffic. So please speak up!
3. Bother everyone you can for a link, I did not do this as I am not that type of person, but I have noticed that many people who bothered me for a link now have great traffic and earn good money.
4. Get your family to read your post. Now I can’t do this as my family just won’t. I have tried for 2 years and no luck. I do have one or two friends that do, but that’s it. Getting your friends and family to check out, link to and help promote your post can really go far.
5. Ask questions. I am not a “question asker” as I don’t like to look stupid, but I’m learning I need to ask, even though I have been blogging for almost 4 years I still have a lot to learn.
6. Learn that failing is not always the worst thing in the world. It’s okay to fail because then you learn something. I fail a lot so I probably know a ton more then some people!
Those are my tips for anyone in social networking. I understand that many of you reading this are going duh, but who knows maybe one person will benefit from this post. If you want link to it and share the fun with your friends.
Share and Enjoy
Many years ago I was an Avon Representative, I didn’t do much with it and in the end I paid the price. I couldn’t continue selling because everyone around me sold it and had advertising money that I just didn’t have. Now I have learned my lesson and I know that you need to advertise to get anywhere, I still don’t have much cash, but I try to invest something when I can and it usually works out okay for me. I don’t get a ton of traffic, but again that takes money.
If your not sure where to start when it comes to advertising you should check out a Full Service Advertising Agency that will help you get the word out about your site, product or service. Sometimes just having that extra help can really make you feel more comfortable about what you are doing and of course it should get you some traffic, sales and of course more money. When looking for an advertising company do research and find one that fits what you need, don’t just run out and ask the first person you meet to help you. Check out who your working with and hopefully it will all work out well for you.
Share and Enjoy
If you read this blog a lot you may already know that I own a forum for bloggers called blogger love. I did some research into why my forum was not getting many members and I found that most people think it’s a singles site for bloggers, not an information forum. So I am not on the hunt for a new domain name. I want to get the new one sometime in June so that I have a few months for the redirect to work it’s magic and then I’ll be letting the blogger love domain go.
I’m excited about the change, I hope it will help bring more traffic and get more people interested in blogging and learning more. I felt that some of the forums that are around seem to make people feel unwanted and stupid for asking questions. I hated seeing it, not just when I got that type of response to my questions, but looking at others. Thats just not how things should be done. So I opened my own and I have met some great people on there.
Anyway, I’m still trying to think of some good short domain names that are actually free to buy and I don’t have to pay hundreds of dollars for. I’ll come up with something, but if anyone reading this has any suggestions let me know.
Share and Enjoy
I have been searching for ways to get more traffic to my blogs. My design blog is one that I would really like to get more traffic to as it’s my favorite blog. One way I can do that is by having email campaigns where I can send out information to those subscribed. I like this idea and there is a great site that can help me do it if I decide to. Zoodoka is an email service for bloggers. They allow you to manage subscribers, create good looking emails and more. I love the idea, my only problem is the fact you have to provide an address. I live with my parents so I can’t use that one and I can’t afford a PO box yet, but soon and I would prefer to have one anyway.
I have looked into a few other programs that do the same type of thing, but they want you to pay for it. Zoodoka is free and easy to use. Hopefully I can sign up with them soon as I really want to get things going for that blog and I think that one would benefit most from a service like that. I hope to add extra design tips and even coupons for sites that I love to shop at, but it looks like I will have to wait a while longer, until then I’ll keep thinking of a few other things to do that may help bring that blog and the rest of my blogs some much needed traffic. I just want people to read what I write, I’m attention starved!
Share and Enjoy
Today is not going very well, due to personal family problems I now have to find a way to buy a car completely on my own. Yes I know your thinking boo hoo, but it’s that or pay $400 a month in student loans because I can’t get to school. oh that and I would have to wait an extra year to graduate. But since I don’t have $400 a month to pay that and all the other stuff I owe I would probably end up fileing bankruptcy, all because I can’t find a job.
So if your looking for a place to advertise I have some great spots left through project wonderful and as I’m writing this I just got 2 bids, are you reading my mind? Anyway I’m trying to make as much as I can by April 11th as I will no longer be able to use my mothers car to get to school. I can pull out some on my student loans, but I have to get a car that will get me the 1 1/2 hour drive to school. That means one that cost a good amount of money, well a good amount for me anyway.
So if your feeling charitable send some people over to my blog, even just traffic will help or subscribe to my RSS feed that will help too. I do want to say thank you to all of my readers, you are all wonderful and have really helped me.